August 7, 2008

Breaking Dawn



Sorry for the lack of updates this week! Being in the city for 90% of the day keeps me busybusybusy. But I did promise to write about Breaking Dawn, the fourth book in Twilight the series by Stephanie Meyer. They are, to put it very simply, about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire.


So I went to the Barnes and Noble midnight release of Breaking Dawn last friday. The event itself was pretty fun because I was there with some friends. People were dressed in all different ways: from jeans and t-shirts to fancy dresses to corsets to capes. The store announced that they didn't have enough books for people who didn't preorder one; since I didn't preorder one I thought I wouldn't be getting a book. But as they were about to close I went to the register to pay for my new Moleskine notebooks I saw a small stack of books behind the register. I asked about them, and they let me buy one. :] I got lucky, I was possibly the only person who didn't preorder a book but got one anyway; sometimes all you have to do is ask!

After the event,I went to a diner with my friends and then went home and started to read. I finished the book and I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't read it, so I'm just going to say that a few parts surprised me but by the end I was very happy with the conclusion.

The Twilight movie will be in theaters this winter on December 12 [the day after my birthday!] The casting is pretty good from what I can tell. Kristen Stewart will star as Bella, which I think is right on the money. However Robert Pattinson is playing Edward, which just kind of makes me laugh because I don't think I will be able to get past the fact that he played Cedric Diggory. I feel like I will watch the movie and be thinking, no Bella it's a trick! Edward CAN'T be immortal; he dies in Harry Potter! Oh well, we will see how he does. :p
Have I mentioned that I'm a huge nerd? PS Note the lime green Voté José shirt that I am wearing!
What are your thoughts on Breaking Dawn, the Twilight Series and the upcoming movie? Hide spoilers please!
Lovelovelove,
Nikkidee! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails