October 14, 2009

Halloween 2009!

I LOVE Halloween! Free candy, amazing costumes, galavanting with no sleep, and en epic night that feels festive, spiritual, and creepy all at the same time. It's one of my favorite days of the year, and it is approaching quickly!

"…Beware the autumn people...for these beings, fall is the only normal season, the only weather, there be no choice beyond.
Where do they come from? The dust. Where do they go? The grave. Does blood stir their veins? No, the night wind....
They sift the human storm for souls, eat flesh of reason, fill tombs with sinners. They frenzy forth. In gusts they beetle-scurry, creep, thread, filter, motion, make all moons sullen, and surely cloud al clear-run waters. The spider-web hears them, trembles—breaks.
Such are the autumn people. Beware of them."
Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury. Chapter 38.



Here is some inspiration:















To further get in the Halloween mood, my favorite book to read is Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. It is dark, twisted, amazing, and had me one hundred percent on the edge of my seat, holding my breath the entire way through.
There's also a movie that has some really creepy, beautiful carnival imagery.





My favorite Halloween movie, however, is Hocus Pocus!
Hello, young Sarah Jessica Parker!







And of course, the faabulous Bette Midler. I love this scene! :





What are your plans for Halloween? And what will you wear?


xx
Nikkidee! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails